Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Unfortuantely Will Smith Was Not in Attendance

Yesterday was the 4th of July and while we kept it mellow here we definitely had fun. We had a little BBQ in the park, came back to my place for dessert, then watched a movie. No fireworks because I wasn't sure how Tiger would react but he did great. Our BBQ menu was salmon marinated in brown sugar, teriyaki, ginger, and beer, a potato salad with wilted spinach and a thyme buttermilk dressing, rosemary grilled veggies, corn on the cob with feta pepper butter, watermelon, and frozen caramel smores. Obviously it was amazing. I'm friends with Sur la Table the company, not just the Portland store, on Facebook and when they asked what everybody was making for the 4th my menu got "liked" by not only other posters but by Sur la Table themselves which I'm fairly proud of.

This was the beginning of the smores creation. Basically just chocolate ice cream, marshmallow fluff, and caramel swirled together.

These were an absolute delicious mess.

His tail never stops moving.

Berryblosson tea with clover honey steeped in the sun.

My salmon experiment. Apparently it was the best salmon anyone has every had.


Rosemary marinated veggies. So delicious.

The pets were weirdly fascinated by the corn. Javi never gets in trouble and I had to tell him 800 times to go play.

This potato salad was a hit. I just roasted the spuds then cut them in half when they came out and mixed them with the dressing and spinach while still warm. I also ended up adding some mustard which was the key.


Most majestic puppy ever...

I made Tiger a daisy chain. Which he then ate. Because he's an ungrateful child.



Tiger and his stepfather.*

Trista and Zach. The couple where after you hang out with them everyone says "I really like them..."

This is one of my favorite photos of my little munchkin.

He was so exhausted by the end of the day. I don't know if it was that or because he is awesome that he had zero reaction to the fireworks. Also you will notice we are the same color.


*Craig is my pets' godfather. I've made him promise to take care of them in case I die. Before Tiger arrived I went over this with him again and told him he was going to be Tiger's stepfather. Then I corrected myself to say grandfather. It wasn't until 5 minutes later I realized neither of those were what I meant. Calling someone a godfather sounds weird though. And like you're in the mob. So stepfather has stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment