Monday, December 13, 2010

I'm pretty sure it's all the glitter involved that makes this my favorite holiday.

Lana and I wanted to do crafts on Thanksgiving but once it rolled around and everyone was together the boys didn't run away to watch football as we had predicted so we stuck around and all played games. But we had all this crafty stuff for a craft project and so we kept making half-hearted plans to make our crafts but instead watched Glee. Until this weekend when we decided we had better do these Christmas crafts before we'd have to wait a whole 'nother year.

Originally I'm not sure what we had in mind for a craft, or maybe we had nothing, but we ended up wandering Michael's one cold November day in search of a Christmas craft when we came upon these in the dollar bin.


I'm not really sure what they were intended for. They each have a hole in the top and come with a ring although I can't think of anything you'd want to do with these that would involve keeping them on a ring. Except maybe making flashcards. But the holes do make it possible to make a pretty awesome garland out of them. We stocked up on tree shapes, stars, and ornament shapes. And also pretty much everything else there. Especially all the sparkly things.


There was a lot of glitter involved.

These are my trees which I left to dry and will tie together with twine to make a garland.


This one has teeny tiny jingle bells on it.



I used to use a lot of letter stickers for something I can't even remember now but it's left me with sheets and sheets of letters that don't really spell anything so I put them to use.



Rhiiiiiiinestoooooones! I tried to type that the way Oprah talks.



This one is Lana's favorite because it looks like a quilt.


This was the first one I did and I definitely contemplated just making an entire garland of these but then the possibilities of other trees lured me in. I think I'm going to do some star garland in this style though and leave it up year round.



This one is my least favorite. I'm not really sure what I was going for so I just kept adding more stuff.



These are the stars that came from the pieces on the quilt style tree.



Little baby Scrabble tile sticker letters! I've had these forever and never do anything with them so this seemed as good a time as any to use them up.



This is my favorite one. When I did it I actually didn't have a ton of control over how it would turn out. I used a glittery puff paint to make the dots then poured little sprinkle heaps of glitter all over in different colors then at the end I just dumped it all off to see what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment