Thursday, February 17, 2011

Nothing is forever. Except a tattoo. Also probably being paralyzed. Or dead.

I want another tattoo.

Actually, I want four new tattoos.

I never thought I'd be that girl who was all covered in ink but that whole "once you get one you'll want more" thing is true. I got my first thinking I'd never go under the needle again but here I am a couple years later with four.

I've been collecting images for awhile and here are the things I'm craving. All of these would be in white ink as are all my current tattoos.

There is a book called The Happy Lion by Louise Fatio. When I nannied I read this book to one of my girls nearly every night. In the book there is a lion who lives in the zoo. Every day the people from the town come and visit him and tell him "Bonjour happy lion!" and then, when they leave, "Au revoire happy lion!" One day the zookeeper leaves the happy lion's cage unlocked and he decides that he should return the favor and visit all his friends who come to visit him. When he gets into the city though everyone must have lost their minds because they're running about and yelling and frankly being quite rude to the happy lion who simply came to say hello. I won't ruin the ending for you but the reason this book is so special to me is that every night my little monkey and I would snuggle up and read it, I would tuck her in, turn out the lights, and tell her "Au revoire!" and she would respond "Au revoire Nanny!" Even to this day, years after we've stopped reading this story, she will still call out "Au Revoire Nanny!" when I leave the room after tucking her in. There are few things that bring me as many good feelings as the happy lion. And for that reason I'd like to carry him around with me everywhere.


I love my cat. A lot. Probably kind of a ridiculous amount. But whatever, call me a crazy cat lady, that furball has been with me through a pretty rough time and was one of the few things that got me out of bed some days. I love coming home to him, I love waking up to his cold little wet nose touching mine, I love when he bolts across the apartment in his best attempt to hunt something nonexistent. I would love a little line drawing of a cat with some Javier in him.





I want this, just because I like it. I don't always agree with Bansky's politics but he's fascinating regardless.


Lauren Child is possibly the most talented children's book "illustrator" of all time. I put illustrator in quotes because her work is really mixed media. She creates the most magical worlds that are full of color and pattern and texture. If you haven't read her version of Princess and the Pea you absolutely must. It's so refreshing. I'm not really sure of what I want from her work yet but these are some of the incredible things she's done.





2 comments:

  1. I think I like the kitties the best, especially the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the same boat about wanting another tattoo and there are so many options! Haha

    ReplyDelete