Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Bag


I am in love with this bag. I'm going to confess something here and I want no judgment. I own three of these.

Now before you get all excited, they're all different colors and different fabrics. I just really love the shape. Also, I've gotten every single one on sale. This one is called the Twisted Q Lil' Riz Hobo by Marc by Marc Jacobs in Brick.

I bought this bag online during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I was so good, really I was. I stayed away. Well, mostly. I only bought one pair of shoes during the sale even though I was invited to pre-sale. They actually asked me to come look at books of incoming sale merchandise before everyone else and order anything I wanted. And I only bought one pair of shoes.

This is where I look for praise.

I'm not sure how many of you know how the anniversary sale works but they get all brand new Fall merchandise in in July and mark it way down. After the two weeks or week and a half or whatever it is that the sale lasts, everything gets marked back up. My theory is this partly gives them an idea of what will sell well and won't so they can have a better idea of what people want when they order all their Fall stuff. But I've never been a buyer for a department store so I could be way off.

Then the last day of the sale came with an email to my inbox announcing it's end. And I couldn't resist. I just needed to take a tiny peek.

Which led to this bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment