Thursday, August 19, 2010

What I'm Wearing Today


I bought this dress to wear on my birthday this year. I spent the day volunteering at Rock 'n' Roll Camp for Girls followed by Last Thursday, dinner at Le Bistro Montage, and drinks at Blue Moon. It was mellow and sweet and very different from the parties I had at 21.

I wasn't about to not take the opportunity to wear something fantastic though. It was my birthday.

Today I woke up at 8:26am. I usually aim for leaving the house at 8:30 but can leave as late as 8:40 and be okay. I'm not really sure what happened but I was late so I ran to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, washed my face, and with no time to think saw this dress on the rack and grabbed it. Luckily I wore my hair curly yesterday which actually looks better the more bed head and crazy it gets.

I'm wearing this dress (Ikat Halter Dress by Free People) with a black tank under it so as to avoid that whole side boob thing and this cardigan over it.


Three Quarter Sleeve Jersey Cardigan by Nordstrom B.P. in Sapphire

Along with these shoes.

Greco Sandal by Sam Edelman

And this bag.

Marc by Marc Jacobs Slinky Hobo

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog. Seriously. And your sense of style! You're a really bad influence on my wallet, but I love you anyways!!!! This is ne11 from dooce btw ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dress. And I LOVE reading what you're wearing every day. Your sense of style is totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you to both of you! That dress is pretty wonderful. It has a lot of fabric and sometimes while I walk I catch myself trying to make it move more than it already does.

    Featherlight, I'd love to hear about anything you've been inspired to try fashion wise.

    Urbancowgirl, I'm loving reading about you as well. Your entry about the Google search terms had me cracking up.

    ReplyDelete