Monday, January 3, 2011

A Month of Photos

So, there's this thing going around on the internet among people who blog (remember when that word was still new and you were like what the hell is a 'blog'?). It's a month of photos. Here's how it works:

Day 01 - A picture of yourself with 10 facts
Day 02 - A picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest.
Day 03 - A picture of the cast from your favorite show.
Day 04 - A picture of your day.
Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory.
Day 06 - A picture of somewhere you've been.
Day 07 - A picture that shows your true self.
Day 08 - A picture that makes you laugh.
Day 09 - A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most.
Day 10 - A picture of someone you see yourself marrying in the future.
Day 11 - A picture of something you hate.
Day 12 - A picture of something you love.
Day 13 - A picture of your favorite band or artist.
Day 14 - A picture of your favorite pastime.
Day 15 - A picture of something you want to do before you die.
Day 16 - A picture of someone you've been friends with the longest and still feel connected to.
Day 17 - A picture of your biggest insecurity.
Day 18 - A picture of your favorite place.
Day 19 - A picture of a habit you wish you didn't have.
Day 20 - A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel.
Day 21 - A picture of something you wish you could forget.
Day 22 - A picture of something you wish you were better at.
Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book.
Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change
Day 25 - A picture of you last year and how you've changed since then
Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you.
Day 27 - A picture of yourself and a family member.
Day 28 - A picture of something you're afraid of.
Day 29 - A picture that can always make you smile.
Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss.

Shall we begin?


This picture is an older one but one of my favorites of myself. One of the girls I nannied and I were playing with a camera and taking pictures of each other. She took this. She must have been three at the time so I'm not really sure how she managed to not take something blurry and off center but she did and we were having fun and it reminds me of a time I felt really happy.

I love strawberries and blackberries and pretty much all the kinds of berries there are. Except I cannot handle raw blueberries. I love them frozen though. Especially in milk.

I used to wear the necklace in that photo a lot. I had bought it in the BP section of Nordstrom but without fail every time I wore it someone would ask if I had just gotten back from Hawaii. I'm pretty sure I still own it although I can't for the life of me imagine wearing it now.

I also used to be super blonde (duh). After awhile I hated how people treated me for being blonde and I hated how much I felt I had to wear dark serious clothes to be taken seriously. After I dyed my hair dark again I resolved to never be blonde again although I'm coming dangerously close again these days.

I'm not allergic to anything with the exception of one kind of Neutrogena makeup. I once tried it and it made my face red and bumpy. I started a new job the same week and was mortified but after time and tragedy mixed and things became funny I confessed to my employer how embarrassed I had been. She claimed she had never noticed but I still doubt the veracity of that.

I sleep with the windows open year round. When I woke up this morning it was 27 degrees Farenheit but I still love the feeling of waking up and things being fresh and how cozy my bed feels with all the covers and pillows and Javier when there's just a bit of a chill in the air.

I have scars on my knees from playing basketball outside when I was in high school. One time I was team captain against this big six foot tall guy and his team. My team was winning at one point so he shoved me. I got gravel in my knees and they were pretty gross for awhile but I also feel proud of them.

I eat quiche with soy sauce on it. It's weird and I don't know why but quiche is never as good without soy sauce. I don't even know what prompted me to try it but I've eaten it that way since I was a child.

In general I always keep my Monday nights to myself. I love alone time and find myself frantic if I don't schedule some for myself. I also love sort of easing into the hectic week by leaving my Monday evenings free of plans.

One of the things I'm most proud of is the fact that I have sold some of my paintings as well as had some commissioned. One of the things I regret most is not thinking highly enough of my work and myself to have photographed them before selling them.

1 comment:

  1. have we talked about blueberries? because i have the EXACT same feelings!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete