Monday, January 17, 2011

The Stone Soup of Blog Posts

I've been very blog neglectful this past week due to some silly life drama stuff so I'm basically going to throw all this nonsense together and hope it counts as a post.

First, I'm bored of the photo month. I thought it would be fun and it's sort of not so I think I quit that one.

Second, I'm ridiculously excited for two things. First, I'm taking a trip to Seattle with Lana for the sole purpose of shopping. It's just a weekend trip but I can't wait. It will also be the first time I take my cute car anywhere farther than the coast. Last week it was making pretty much the worst noise ever in the entire world. It was like a metallic whine when I braked in reverse. Yeah, only in reverse. I was pretty sure that I was going to need to basically buy a new car or at least replace all the brakes or something but turns out it was a rock. So that was good news. Lana and I are having a road trip music selection party on Wednesday.

We're also staying at a super adorable hotel.


The second part of point number two, the other thing I'm so super excited about is that the internet has brought me together with a real live Portland chef who I've been emailing with and who has offered to cook with me. This is where I just smile like an idiot because I am that ecstatic. She even said I have "skill" so I've been bragging about that one to a few people. I'm also in love with the fact that I can ramble like a crazy person to her about food and restaurants and cooking and cookbooks and she hasn't once rescinded her cooking offer in fear that I am possibly ADD and on speed given I never shut up. So that's nice as well.

The Free People January catalog is out and gorgeous as always. There are a few things I like a lot. Two of which I stopped into the store and bought yesterday.


Sunburst Maxi Dress By Free People in Washed Black (which means navy in real people words)

Convertible Crochet Halter by Free People in Ivory

I also made a fairly amazing shoe purchase but it deserves it's very own post.

Oh, I'm pretty sure that I am going to make my hair a lot more blonde this week. Which I sort of swore off a few years ago but hey, if it's bad I can always go back. I would like this hair color exactly please.


Craig and I are having dinner tonight and I am so looking forward to it. I haven't seen him in probably a whole week. We're going to eat cajun tater tots and burgers (mine will be veggie) and I'm going to tease him at every opportunity.

I leave you with this. Which is what I wake up to.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! You'll have to post a picture of you with blonde hair.

    ReplyDelete