Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Mixed Bag

So, it's been awhile.

First I feel like I should announce the long overdue winner of the feather earrings. Miss Tova wins with her idea for "Halloween Candy Ice Cream." Which is the brilliant concoction of ice cream with every kind of candy thrown in it and sounds horribly wonderful. Congrats Lady. And since I bought a pair for myself we can be twins.

I also want to skip over the depressing stuff because I'm exhausted from it but I need to thank all you wonderful people who sent me flowers and donated to Hopeline. I told Kevin's sister and parents about that amazing demonstration of kindness to a stranger and they were so touched. His parents said they're determined to have something good come from this and his sister said she hoped that even one person could get the help he couldn't. It sounds cliche but I do feel like if one person can avoid the pain of having someone they love commit suicide then something worthwhile has been done. And to come home to such gorgeous and uplifting flowers, both because of just...them, but also because of the thought behind the gesture...it was nice. Really nice after a terribly hard day. So thank you.


In more fun news, I finally caved and bought the Chanel wayfarers. Partly because it's sort of tradition for me to get one awesome new pair of sunglasses every summer and partly because they're actually really effective. They have that really ugly purple-y reflective stuff on them but it's on the inside so you don't look like you're stuck in the early 90s. And the lenses are crazy dark so I can totally justify this purchase as skin cancer prevention.


I also have decided I really want a dog. I was super on a West Highland Terrier kick. Those look like this...

Which is to say, the cutest thing in the entire world.

But then, Tova stepped in and threw me this curveball...



Puppy number one is my favorite thing ever but only available from a breeder, and most of them are far away which means if I couldn't find one nearby he would have to be shipped, and all the rescue people for West Highland Terriers are a little intense. I could probably more easily adopt an infant child. And then puppy number two is adorable and an orphan but lives in CA and I wouldn't be able to meet him before he's a member of my weird little family.

Regardless though, whoever I end up with already has a collar and leash. And is going to rock purple polka dots no matter what.

Tonight I'm having a popsicle making party with Craig. I'm so super excited and can't wait to update here. I'm wanting to make Arnold Palmer pops and coffee pops and watermelon ones too. We'll see how it turns out.

And then in the most wonderful news, I got an email from Miss Lana last night insisting on immediate delivery of info regarding my birthday celebration in July. Which leads me to believe she miiiiight be planning to show up for the cabin adventure. Which makes me beyond happy.

2 comments:

  1. Have a good time with your popsicles! I'm glad you have some things to smile about.

    And if I may suggest one thing dog related, pound puppies are the most affectionate, grateful, sweet dogs in the world. Especially if it's a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for earrings but double yay for puppies!

    ReplyDelete